Timothy J. Cassidy
Timothy J. Cassidy is a member in the Peoria firm of Cassidy & Mueller P.C. He is a graduate of Regis University and the St. Louis University Law School. His practice is concentrated in the field of civil litigation, primarily from the defense perspective, in both the state and federal trial and appellate courts. As a Certified Public Accountant, Tim assists businesses both in corporate planning and litigation. He also concentrates in Workers Compensation.
Tim is active in the Peoria County Bar Association being active in several of its committees and serving as a past President of the Bar Association. His community service includes President of the Peoria Park District, past Chairman of the PARC Foundation Board, past acting Chairman of the Riverfront Business District Commission and a member of the Peoria Zoological Society. Tim helped form, and served as Chairman of the March Madness Access the Experience Committee, which provides opportunities for individuals with physical and mental disabilities to participate in the multitude of activities that occur during the Illinois State high school basketball tournament.
Tim received the Tom Conner Award for Volunteer Community Service in 2009 for being the tri-county individual who had shown outstanding long-term commitment to the community, citing Tim’s work in the expansion of the Peoria Zoo and the development of the RiverPlex and the Peoria riverfront. He also helped establish the Heart of Illinois Special Recreation Association and worked with March Madness, PARC, the Peoria Notre Dame Parent Board Association and the Peoria County Bar Association. In 2007, Tim received the Commissioner of the Year Award, the highest honor awarded by the Illinois Association of Park Districts, for his dedication and efforts to make Peoria a better place through parks and recreation. In 1996, Tim was awarded the Charles C. Schlink Good Government Award by the Peoria Jaycees and in 1998 was honored by Peoria City Beautiful with the Rhodell E. Owens Award in recognition of his long-term commitment to the beautification of our community.
Tim is married to his wife, Angie, both life-long Peorians, and they have five children.
Areas of Practice:
- Business Planning Law
- Civil Federal Trial Practice
- Civil State Trial Practice
- Commercial Law
- Commercial & Bankruptcy Litigation
- Construction Related Injury Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Product Liability Litigation
- Workers’ Compensation
- Illinois, 1983
- United States District Court, Central District of Illinois
- United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- St. Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri, 1983
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
St. Louis University Law Journal
- Certified Public Accountant, 1979
- Regis University, Denver, Colorado, 1977
Bachelor of Science
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- President, Pleasure Driveway and Park District of Peoria Commissioner of the Year Award recipient, 2007
- Vice-President, Illinois Association of Park Districts
- City of Peoria Riverfront Development Commission
- Peoria County Bar Association, Past President
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Civil Practice and Procedure Section, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Insurance Law Section, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Tort Law Section, Illinois State Bar Association
- The Bar Association of the Central and Southern Federal Districts of Illinois
“Termination of Parental Rights; The Substantive Due Process Issues St. Louis University Law Journal 1984.